We are an association of the insuring public in Nigeria with a mindset of creating value for its members as well as creating more awareness of insurance in Nigeria.
Our Roles and Responsibilities
- To build ensuring public confidence in insurance in Nigeria.
- To ensure the protection of the interests and rights of the insurance contracts in Nigeria.
- To facilitate genuine claim settlements between the insured and the insurer in Nigeria.
- To foster cordial relationships between the insured and the insurer.
- To promote the growth of the insurance industry in Nigeria through the enlightenment of members of RIFAN and the general public.
- To encourage micro insurance consumption in Nigeria.
- To educate the general public on significance of compulsory insurance
- To work towards eliminating fake insurance in Nigeria through its members
Brief History of RIFAN
RIFAN history dates back to 2016 when a couple of technocrats gathered together to look at the challenges facing the insurance sector in Nigeria viz: prescriptive legal framework, inadequate capital; limited human and technical capacities; lack of insurance awareness, and low public confidence in the sector. These issues have continued albeit perpetually and unabated and have spiraled into the abysmally low premium for underwriters, a surge of fake insurance policies, and very weak enforcement strategies for the nation’s compulsory insurances.
This group of well-meaning Nigerians decided to form an association, Retail Insured Family Association of Nigeria, also known as RIFAN, of insurance policyholders in Nigeria whose principal aim is to promote retail insurance business in the country and eventually got registered with CAC on the 20th November 2017.
RIFAN whose objectives include creating public awareness about insurance, enhancing public confidence in the insurance industry, by facilitating prompt settlement of claims, and protecting the rights of her members generally was officially inaugurated on Thursday 22nd November 2018 at National Press Centre, Radio House, Area 10, Garki, Abuja.
RIFAN website was officially opened on Friday, December 20th, 2019
A group of well-meaning Nigerians decided to form the Retail Insured Family Association of Nigeria, also known as RIFAN.
Retail Insured Family Association of Nigeria was registered by CAC an an NGO.
RIFAN was launched to the public on Thursday 22nd November, 2018 at National Press Centre, Radio House, Area 10, Garki, Abuja.
RIFAN official website opened for membership and onbaording of all stakeholders.